Norovirus Outbreak Closes Resort


Management at Potters Resort took the decision to close the resort to prevent further spread of the virus.

Norovirus Outbreak Closes Resort

Potters Resort in Norfolk was temporarily closed in February following a suspected outbreak of the winter bug Norovirus.

The virus was traced back to a coach party of guests at the resort near Great Yarmouth. Potters management team took the proactive decision to prevent further spread of the virus by voluntarily closing the resort over a three day period, during which time the resort was thoroughly disinfected.

Guests that were due to check in during the closure were offered a full refund and a public event celebrating the life of the late Brian Potter MBE also had to be rescheduled.

In a statement, Potters Resort said: “The source of the Norovirus outbreak has been traced back to a coach party bringing it in from outside the resort. It spreads from person to person so Potters management took the decision to close to prevent any chance of further spread and to safeguard guests and staff.

“We have advised the relevant public health authorities and they have praised our preventative course of action.

“Once again, we’d like to apologise for the inconvenience, but we believe that our voluntary decision to close demonstrates our total commitment to the well-being of guests and staff and that Potters has put people before profits.”